EN|RU|UK
 Форум Украины(618368)
  127  4
Тему создал: Viperverfolger

Комменты читателей на сайте Би-Би-Си - для знающих английский - весьма любопытно...

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 12:31 GMT 13:31 UK

BBC, a channel I respect, is supporting the British govt and is denouncing Putin and the govt in Russia. The same goes with most of those who have commented from the UK, US and Australia (All sailing in the same boat). I appreciate those who have some knowledge about the past and have contributed their unbiased comments. If US builds the proposed miss-shield in Poland, the EU and US will face the music. In this regard, I say Russia has every right to build similar base in Cuba and Venzula.

G. Mohan Das, Bangalore, India

Recommended by 3 people

Sign in to recommend comments

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 12:29 GMT 13:29 UK

The UK has not been faultless in it"s covert activities abroad over the years we seem to expect different standards from others.

Lawrie Cura, London

Recommended by 4 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 12:29 GMT 13:29 UK

The EU should agressively look to become self sufficient in energy by using less and developing alternatives. If the Russian government believes it can ignore borders and commit murder, they will do this again!

Joe, Dublin

Recommended by 1 person

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 12:18 GMT 13:18 UK

I have to point out that whilst the USSR did not stand alone in WWII, neither did the UK, at any point. I had forgotten the important contribution from the Empire & Commonwealth nations and for this I apologise. I had been taken in by my own countries arrogance and propoganda, something I try not to do.

On the subject at hand I think our govt has severely over reacted. If Russia used the same extradition request to expulsion ratio there would be a lot fewer UK "diplomats" in Moscow now.

Mark, Hampshire

Recommended by 3 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 11:39 GMT 12:39 UK

Sounds like those wily people in power in the west are looking to stoke up another enemy to keep us all uptight and diverted so they can continue to roll out their plans to maintain their wealth, power and privelege into the far future.We here are constantly lied to and deceived in order to ensure that they maintain their iron grip on us all. The poor Russians have already had their pockets picked by these characters..Let"s face it, we"re pretty transparent to anyone with a little common sense.

kevin lewis

Recommended by 3 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 11:21 GMT 12:21 UK

Names of Berezovsky and Zakaev irritate most of Russians from the middle of 1990s, quite before we lost the independent television and quite before Mr.Putin’s presidency. That is why it will be very hard to make Russians believe that their friend Litvinenko was a good guy.
I’m for mutual extradition of all figures in this story.

Andrei, Novosibirsk, Russia

Recommended by 2 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 09:57 GMT 10:57 UK

Now we learn about a plot to assassinate Berezovsky. Excellent timing of course. The problem is, so we read, that this person was arrested and then deported. We also read that he had no weapon on him therefore could not be detained. Why did Britain not at least provide some evidence that he exists before deporting him?

Brett Witherspoon, Pretoria, South Africa

Recommended by 4 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 09:35 GMT 10:35 UK

What is about this country that promotes so much hypocrisy from so called liberals!

Syd Vicious, london

Recommended by 3 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 07:26 GMT 08:26 UK

I am British, living in Russia for six years and I think people in Britain need to understand something. Firstly the Russians have a very clear-sighted view of Western political hypocracy, for example defining this"horific crime on British soil" while the Western forces prefer their torture camps on other people"s soil. Secondly the Russians have always been "in your face": Stalin and the KGB are well known facts but so is MI6.An FSB agent will never appear in open court and neither will an MI6.

Steven Brayshaw, Moscow, Russia

Recommended by 19 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 07:22 GMT 08:22 UK

"This is ridiculous, under their constitution the Russians can"t extradite a citizen."
Dan Brydges, Nanaimo

This is a bald faced lie Dan. Do some research on the subject before you comment. They can in fact extradite, unless they think the person is going to be persecuted for their political convictions.
This was a lie by the Russians, as they can extradite criminals at their discretion. Did they not sign the European Convention of Extradition 1957? Enough said.

Ben Robertson, Sydney

Recommended by 3 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 07:13 GMT 08:13 UK

We are providing a safe haven for the Russian billionaires who stole the assets of the Russian people. The russians want them extradited, they claim asylum. Being part of the russian kleptocracy should be a bar to admission to the UK. Send them back, freeze their accounts and send the money back as well.

Nick, Sheffield

Recommended by 15 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 07:12 GMT 08:12 UK

Political games aside, the case does actually have a clear path to resolution. Everyone agrees that justice has to be served because a murder was committed and many were put at risk. The question is WHO should deliver the justice - Russia or UK. UK investigators see a Russian citizen in Russia as a prime suspect. Because BY LAW the suspect cannot be extradited to the UK, he has to be tried in Russia. So what is needed now is not confontation, but cooperation b/w UK and Russian investigators.

Yevgeni, Moscow

Recommended by 3 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 07:07 GMT 08:07 UK

Knowing russian constitution bars extradition of its citizens and UK iitself is a safe harbor for russian criminals, Brown demands what russians can not do under the law. Brown is not a very smart man, He"s raw and unreasonable.

jon, us

Recommended by 6 people

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 06:47 GMT 07:47 UK

"Nor was granting asylum to a warlord who promised "more Beslans" after the massacre in a Russian school in 2004. "
Who are you referring to exactly? Britain has granted asylum to no "warlords" as you put it. We are protecting the former Chechen envoy Akhmed Zakayev, who is a moderate representative of the government in exile of that country.
So please get your facts right, or stop reading only Russian govt propaganda before you write anything.

RR, Cheltenham

Recommended by 1 person

Alert a Moderator

Added: Thursday, 19 July, 2007, 06:44 GMT 07:44 UK

We could soon bve affected by shortages of oil and gas. We should not stir up this hornets" nest of gas and oil. We should keep our heads below the parapet and eat humble pie.

L A Odicean

Recommended by 0 people

Sign in to recommend comment

Комментировать
Сортировать:
в виде дерева
по дате
по имени пользователя
по рейтингу
 Сейчас пишут
Shtolz, Иван Стас, Александр Малышенко
 Всего на сайте: 11 писателей