Serhii Pohosian, the lawyer of the victims, told 5 Channel, Censor.NET reports.
The hearing of the case kicked off in January last year with Major-General Viktor Nazarov being the key defendant. Despite warnings by the military about dangerous situation in the area, he gave the order to fly to the Luhansk airport. Nazarov's actions are qualified as negligent attitude to military service, entailing the death of nine crew members and 40 paratroopers. He is faced with up to eight years in prison.
"In fact, we have only debate, the last word and verdict left. We are looking forward to a verdict in late January or in February. 62 witnesses have been questioned, including five generals. We have the first general in the dock awaiting a court verdict," Pohosian said.