MH-17 crash expert Ruvin's shooter detained. It was a contract killing attempt, - Chief Military Prosecutor Matios

On April 11, 2016, following the results of investigative and search actions, law enforcers detained a direct executor who is reasonably suspected of having committed a premeditated murder attempt on director of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Sciences Oleksandr Ruvin.

Ukraine's Chief Military Prosecutor Anatolii Matios wrote on his Facebook page, Censor.NET reports.

The detention became possible due to efficient actions of investigators of the Main Military Prosecutor's Office, the Prosecutor General's Office in cooperation with Ukraine's National Police and Security Service.

On the same day, law enforcers searched the apartments and offices of other persons involved in the crime.

Read more: High-profile cases expert Oleksand Ruvin was shot at three times; attack connected to his professional activities, - Butusov

As a result, the police have seized three pieces of small arms, two RGD-5 grenades, and more than 130 9- and 7.62-mm caliber rounds, including with Tula Cartridge Works marking found at the scene of the said attempted murder, Matios noted.

According to him, the evidence obtained in the framework of criminal proceedings show that the offense was committed by order of currently unidentified individuals for the purpose of removing Ruvin from further participation in the investigation of Malaysia airlines flight MH17 crash after it was shot down by terrorists over the territory of Ukraine on July 17, 2014.

The murder attempt was carried out by criminal elements being part of an organized crime group closely connected with the so-called "thieves in law".

The said criminal gang, which consists of people from Crimea and the Donetsk region, has close ties with criminal circles in Russia. According to one of the versions, it is Russia where the order to kill Ruvin was received from.

Read more: Four suspects in attempted murder of banker Diadechko placed under house arrest

As previously reported, November 18, 2015, 9:30 p.m., director of Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Forensic Sciences Ruvin was shot at as he was getting out of his car in a crowded place of Kyiv's Obolon district. As a result, Ruvin was seriously wounded: two bullets hit his leg, the third broke his pelvis bones.

After a heavy bleeding, Ruvin's condition was grave. He was taken to emergency hospital and underwent a successful surgery. Censor.NET Chief Editor Yurii Butusov linked the shocking attack on the state expert to his professional activities, first of all, the examinations in most high-profile criminal cases.
Источник: https://censor.net.ua/en/n383778