EN|RU|UK
  50181
Related materials:

 No grounds to introduce martial law so far

There is no reason to proceed with large-scale combat actions in the ATO area and to introduce martial law in Ukraine so far.

Acting Speaker of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Vladyslav Selezniov reported at a briefing, Censor.NET informs.

"When the cease-fire was introduced, the Commander-in-Chief of the Ukrainian Army and head the National Security and Defense Council Petro Poroshenko listed the conditions under which fire should be opened at the militants: an obvious attack at ATO forces' positions, aimed fire, and shelling of civilian settlements. What happened during the night was a provoking, non-systemic, local fire. Nine of ten attacks that have occurred during the previous night were spotted in the Debaltseve bridgehead," Selezniov said.

Read also: Martial law to be introduced across Ukraine unless peace is achieved - Poroshenko

Asked about the measures to be taken by the ATO headquarters in the case of systemic violations of the cease-fire by the militants, he said: "Decisions will be made according to the situation, and those will be adequate decisions."

"As of today, the ATO forces are ready for any possible challenges. If the country's leaders decide to denounce the truce, ATO forces are ready to act accordingly," he said.

Read also: Terrorists attacked Ukrainian soldiers ten times. Cease-fire is observed in general

According to the Minsk agreements, cease-fire has been introduced in the ATO zone starting 12 a.m., Feb. 15. Yesterday President Poroshenko as Supreme Commander-in-Chief issued a corresponding order to cease fire along the entire line of clash with the enemy in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. However, later the media reported that Zolote village in the Luhansk village was mortared by the terrorists.









Источник: https://censor.net.ua/en/n324760
 
 
 
 
 
 up