"Yesterday we held a pause while anticipating the court ruling as for the pretrial restrictions against the suspects in the attacks against Mykhailyk and Ustymenko in Odesa. Here is the list of extremely serious crimes committed against activists in 2018:
- murder of Nozdrovska in Kyiv’s larger area. It has been solved. The suspect has already been subpoenaed and even stands trial. There is no evidence that it was a contract-style killing;
- attempted murder of Ustymenko in Odesa has been solved. Two suspects have been in pretrial custody since yesterday, the investigation is going on;
- murder of Oleshko aka Sarmat in Berdiansk was solved and five suspects were apprehended shortly after it had been committed. The assassin named the person who ordered the hit. The assassin’s paymaster was identified and put on the wanted list;
- attempted murder of Handziuk in Kherson has been solved despite mistakes made at the first stage. Five suspects including the mastermind of the crime are in custody. The police and SBU continue to search those who ordered the attack. The SBU even initiated a separate investigation to find the perpetrators’ paymaster;
- attempted murder of Kozma and Kuzakon in Odesa has been solved. Police have three suspects in custody. The investigation is underway;
- attempted murder of Mykhailyk in Odesa has been solved. Three suspects were placed in remand prison yesterday. Law enforcers keep searching for those who ordered the crime," Shevchenko said.
"Update: Certainly, four of these five crimes have not been completely solved yet. I mean that not all the suspects were detained and subpoenaed while some cases have not been referred to the court. Their guilt is still has to be proved in court while it will not necessarily be the case. However, the National Police of Ukraine continues investigating the cases and does not stand still. Thinking that this happens ONLY because the activists are making a big fuss of it, which, of course, to some extent encourages the police to work, is just as wrong as to believe that the Earth spinning is powered by the momentum generated by the people walking on its surface," the spokesperson added.