The Cabinet amended its decree No. 1147 of Dec. 30, 2015 prohibiting the importation of goods produced in the Russian Federation into Ukraine’s customs territory. The amendment extends the ban until Dec. 31, 2018 inclusive.
The decision was taken to ensure Ukraine's national security in retaliation to Russia's trade bans and restrictions imposed against Ukraine.
Besides, the existing list was expanded with the following goods:
- polyethylene with a specific density;
- purified polyvinyl chloride;
- ammonium sulfate;
- a mixture of ammonium nitrate with calcium carbonate or other inorganic substances that are not fertilizers.
The following Russian goods were also added to the list of products barred from being imported in Ukraine:
- cattle meat;
- poultry and pork meat (fresh, chilled or frozen);
- meat and edible meat by-products;
- fish and shellfish salted or in brine;
- dairy products;
- processed cheese;
- food mixtures;
- confectionery and bakery products;
- baby food products;
- flavorings and condiments;
- cat and dog food;
- filtered cigarettes;
- leather care agents;
- railroad and tram equipment;
- diesel-electric locomotives.