The following instructions were given to the head of the ATO in order to provide the necessary conditions for citizens leaving the area of the Anti-Terrorist Operation, according to the Security Service information:
1. to define the safest checkpoints for the civilians to leave the area of the ATO.
2. to ensure the checkpoints' needs of drinking water and medicines to provide emergency assistance to the civilian population who expressed a desire to leave the area of the ATO considering the available forces and means
3. to appoint responsible officers from checkpoints staff to ensure the legitimate, continuous and effective measures to control the movement of people and goods through certain checkpoints.
4. to organize information distribution among the civil population about the safe corridors and the pass control order at the checkpoints.
5. to ensure the enhanced pass control measures at certain checkpoints to deprive the separatists the opportunity to leave the ATO area.